Back on popular demand, we will hold another session of the ACT program in January. The ACT program helps parents and caregivers gain the knowledge and skills they need to raise children without violence.
Our 8-week program on this topic is fun, interactive, and full of parenting strategies. We provide refreshments and prizes, too.
The program will begin on January 11, 2017 and meet from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. It is offered for parents of children ages birth through 8 years old.
You will learn:
◦ About your child’s behaviors and how to RESPOND rather than REACT!
◦ How your child can be exposed to violence and how that impacts their life
◦ How to control anger and resolve conflicts in positive ways
◦ How media impacts your child’s behavior and how to be a responsible consumer of media
◦ How to prevent your child’s difficult behaviors
◦ How to use positive techniques to encourage positive behaviors
Register for the ACT Raising Safe Kids program by contacting: Tanya Marshall or Christina Carlucci at Arsenal Family and Children’s Center: 412-345-0008