Robert is a Senior Manager with significant experience in retail marketing, merchandising, operations management, media planning, community service, team building and fiscal budgeting. Robert is able to work with diverse groups of independent owners, packaged goods venders and corporate supply teams to build solid ad plans and budgets for a multi-million dollar organization. He also has an in depth knowledge and understanding of the Western Pennsylvania marketplace with respect to evolving social and retail trends, historical needs and competitive activity. These skills are portable and can easily be applied to other operational business models.
– Former General Manager of Foodland Store group in Western PA/WV/MD/OH.
– Currently responsible for Shop ‘n Save Stores in Western NY and West Virginia/MD and County Market Stores in PA through SUPERVALU LLC.
– Responsible for all aspects of retail operations including ad plans, media usage, cost negotiations, sales and profit budgeting and store operations.
– Prior positions of increasing responsibility with the Kroger Co and PIA Merchandising LLC Personal Experience/Qualifications/Certifications
– Summa Cum Laude Graduate – University of Cincinnati – Administrative Mgt., Business Administration
– Graduate of inaugural class – Pittsburgh Civic Leadership Academy
– Graduate of Pittsburgh Citizen’s Police Academy
– Member – Board of Trustees – Arsenal Family and Children’s Center – Located in Friendship neighborhood of Pittsburgh
– Current Judge of Elections – Ward 19 District 37 City of Pittsburgh
– Current Allegheny County 19 th Ward Committeeman
– Certification from current employer in Diversity Training, Communications and Team Leadership
as well as several other propriety programs
Robert has a broad and deep knowledge of management techniques, expectations, responsibilities and processes that he has obtained from many years in senior management positions. He is easily able to deal with peer groups, the vendor/supplier community, retail and independent customers, strongly opinionated business entrepreneurs and fellow senior managers. I always do so in a respectful but firm manner while accomplishing my goals and objectives. As a native Pittsburgher and city resident, Robert has spent much of his professional career in the Western Pennsylvania area and is therefore very knowledgeable of the history, social aspects, geography and current affairs of the city. This is supported by his selection as one of the first 20 candidates to participate in the first Pittsburgh Civic Leadership Academy and participation in the Pittsburgh Citizen’s Police Academy. At the request of the City of Pittsburgh Mayor’s Office, he served as a civilian on the interview board for the new classes of police recruits. His tenure in other cities also gives him a broader perspective of civic needs and trends.